a little taste of the handmade goodness you will find on the site...

Thursday, September 22, 2011

What to do with fabric off cuts....

This post is a little different from the usual...as I am taking a look outside the site for inspiration today!

I don't know about you...but I am forever trying to think up new ways to make the most of my lovely fabrics.

I am a terrible hoarder as it is, and the thought of throwing out a scrap of my favourite fabric is heartbreaking. Unfortunately this often results in bags of off cuts stuffed in a corner of my sewing room until I 'get time' to use them.

I usually keep them for making yo-yos and fabric covered buttons...but I thought I should take a look at some other creative options.

So off I went in search of some wonderful new ways to reduce the waste.

Look what I found.... Patchwork pin cushions (see image) - an absolutely inspired use of the small off cuts & what a lovely little stocking filler for the other sewers in the family. I can't wait to make a few of these myself.

If you have a favourite little progect for off cuts...please let us know. 

x x  x






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of our website?