a little taste of the handmade goodness you will find on the site...

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let the sun shine in !

Like most parents during the wet season I whisk my kids outdoors at the slightest promise of sunshine.  Today was one of those iffy days where it's sunny over my house but storm clouds threaten from afar.  But we braved it & headed a half hours drive away to my favourite beach on the outskirts of Auckland.

Maraetai beach has white sand (albeit a little crunchy with crushed shells), a gorgeous wharf, beautiful green rolling hills & delightful little cafe to top it off. 

Speaking of sunshine, I trawled through all the handmade creations on Little Kiwis Nest to find a bunch that were sunny & yellow & made me smile.  Here's my pick ...

Clockwise from top left:
Black reversible dress by imba (this one just sold but there are plenty of other gorgeous creations by imba!)
Bee beanie by Creative Aertz
Hootie Hoot Hot painting by Kazartz ($20)
Sunshine pinafore by Somerton
Gift box with amber teething necklace, maraca, face cloths & organic Baby Balm by Yours, naturally
Candy stripe butterfly clip by Miss Jade
Buggles soft toy by SnuggleB Toys
Sweet Sunflower wall hanging by KARRIC
Board short & tee set by made it baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of our website?