a little taste of the handmade goodness you will find on the site...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Making memories




When our first daughter was born my husband & I decided we would have professional photos taken each year to chart her growth. Like all good intentions I have slipped a bit but we have 3 out of 5 years worth!  Add another child in the mix & there's now double the reason to stick to our family photo shoot resolution!  Oh & before you start thinking along the lines of those hideous staged shots of years gone by, times have changed!  Our photographers have come with us to our favourite places (beach, park & even our own backyard) to capture our kids being kids in their own environment.

This year I'm planning on challenging Nykie from Mistral Photography to find my kids personalities in her camera lens.  Hope she doesn't regret taking me on!  The brief will go something along the lines of 'not too much grass or trees; love old run-down buildings; bright light; & definitely quirky'.  It will be a little while until I can share the success of our shoot (see, I have complete faith in her!) but I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Nykie recently photographed a mementos occasion for a young family.  The baptism of Joe & Anna is definitely something to cherish and I have no doubt these photos will take pride of place in their families home.

Nykie says "Even though I consider myself quite a traditional portrait photographer I do love to expand my style into other areas. Tess Garner who commissioned me to document her children's baptism asked that I produced photos in a more documentary style and I was only too happy to oblige! I enjoyed this project too because it was quite like shooting a mini wedding! ... and kids are always lovely to photograph. They forget I am even there and have no qualms about being themselves."

To view all of Nykie's photos please visit the Mistral Photography blog here.  Nykie is Auckland based & would love to talk to you about capturing your precious moments whether they be with or without kids.  I'm sure you won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of our website?