a little taste of the handmade goodness you will find on the site...

Monday, May 3, 2010

New Store Alert!!!! The fabulous HJRD DESIGNS

We are always excited with new stores opening on the nest and this one is no exception.  Both Amy & I made numerous 'wow' & 'gorgeous' exclaimations when we viewed these products the first time, & actually we continue gooing & gaahing each time we see them!

hjrdDesign is the work of Helen Riley-Duddin of Dunedin; designer, maker, lecturer, wife and mum. Helen tells us about her store here ...

"My recent work has evolved from our transition from young working professionals to new parents where our space is shared with the delightful chaos of a growing child. I wanted to design something halfway between art and play for walls in our home. My magnetic wallscapes are the outcome; delightfully dynamic and adaptable in their arrangement possibilities, they are ever-changing decals. The range now offers diverse scenes and custom orders are encouraged!

My background is in Communication Design and Marketing; I teach in these areas and some Interior Design courses at the local Polytechnic. I also work on the odd freelance graphic design/marketing project when time permits.

I consider myself an educated, responsive and intuitive designer. My design approach always reflects the influence of existing elements, whether it be materials or original context. My wallscapes upcycle unused or discarded materials, liberating them from their former garments and associations to appreciate their colours and textures as tactile & textured wall decals.

I'm excited to offer my range of magnetic wallscapes on Little Kiwis Nest, may they inspire many happy hours of visual story telling in your families!
hjrdDesign is on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hjrddesign "

Welcome Helen & hjrd Designs!  We'd love you to make her feel welcome by leaving comments below too :)  visit hjrd designs on little kiwis nest HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of our website?